Exploring Indonesia through Language and Culture
Bahasa Indonesia is the official language of the most populous Muslim country and one of the world’s most interesting cultural and economic landscape spoken by over 250 million people living in the archipelago nation of Indonesia. This program offers a great opportunity for foreign nationals to engage and immerse themselves with Indonesian language and culture virtually within a 6 weeks intensive online course. This program is held under the cooperation of the Center for International Language Development and Indonesian Language and Culture Education Department of Sultan Agung Islamic University, Semarang, Central Java Indonesia.
- This program is a reasonable platform to build and enlarge international relation & networking
- Learning new culture from its natives will help to minimize culture shocks when participants visit Indonesia
- Having the ability to speak Indonesian language will help international students when they enroll their degree in Indonesia since most of the lectures are delivered in Indonesian language.
Terms & Requirements
- Non-Indonesian citizen
- Enrolled as an active student in a Higher Education Institution
- Minimum age 18 years
- Have good interest in learning Indonesian language and culture
- Able to communicate in English (proven by a valid English proficiency certificate) except participants from English speaking countries
- Commit to participate in the program until the end
- Willing to share the program activities through social media platforms
Please prepare the following documents to be uploaded:
Fill in the Online Registration Form in the following link:
This course is designed to meet Bahasa Indonesia learners at the basic level of generative language use.
It is the point at which the learner can interact in a simple way, ask and answer simple questions about themselves, where they live, people they know, and things they have, initiate and respond to simple statements on very familiar topics.
By the end of this course, participants should be able to understand and use familiar everyday expressions and basic phrases for daily conversation. Aside from that, participants are expected to have a sense of cross-cultural understanding through learning Indonesian culture.
For more information regarding this program, kindly contact us via email: